- Nitrex to be Featured on CBS News
- Can you explain the differences between the various types of stainless steels used for forging alloys and how they are heat-treated?
Find out the answer presented by Chuck Hartwig, Director of Operations for Carburizing and Batch Hardening at ThermTech of Waukesha.
- Metlab Provides Heat-treated Propellers for the Hydroplane Racing Team
Read article about Metlab heat-treated propellers for the world’s fastest racing boat, capable of speeds greater than 200 mph.
- Mark Hemsath Appointed Vice-President of Nitrex Sales Heat Treating Services
Read article about Mark Hemsath, former Vice-President of SECO/VACUUM Technologies LLC.
- Elementum 3D and SLM Solutions Extend Metal Additive Manufacturing Powder Choices
- 40 Under 40 Class of 2020, a group of rising leaders in the North American heat treat industry…
Read about these industry elites and how they have become significant contributors to the heat treat market.
- Bodycote Opens Facility in Syracuse
Bodycote, the world’s largest provider of specialist thermal-processing services, announced the opening of a new facility in Syracuse, N.Y. The 60,000-square-foot facility is operational and offers a wide range of heat-treatment processes, including vacuum heat treating, atmospheric carburizing, low-pressure carburizing, carbonitriding, ferritic nitrocarburizing, nitriding and aluminum heat treating. Read article.
- G-M Enterprises Secures Multimillion Dollar Order
G-M Enterprises, a Nitrex company in Corona, California, USA, has received a multimillion-dollar order from a global manufacturer of Metal Injection Molding (MIM) products to supply two large horizontal vacuum furnaces. Read article.
- GE To Provide Flight Data Monitoring for UBER eVTOL Operators
The technology will form part of the safety management system (SMS) that Uber intends to voluntarily implement. Read article.
- GE Aviation’s GE9X Engine Achieves FAA Certification
Almost 300 AM parts are reported to be in each GE9X engine. Read article.
- Powered by Bluestreak
- An Update on our Partners, GE Additive and GE Aviation
- Cutting Edge Trends in Data: Peter Sherwin, Eurotherm by Schneider Electric
Bluestreak has teamed up with companies like Eurotherm to build an interface between existing logging systems. With Bluestreak | Blue Charts™, users can easily access electronic charting systems without having to go into another program or computer–just a single “click.”
- Developing the Concept Laser M2 Series 5 with GE Aviation – Collaboration and Co-Location
Learn about GE Additive and GE Aviation’s collaboration from Eric Gatlin, general manager – aviation additive integrated product, GE Aviation.
- New Press Enhances Lake City Heat Treating’s Ability to Meet Demanding Customer Turnaround Requirements
- Byington Heat Treating Shares Their Nadcap Accreditation Process
The vision of Nadcap accreditation in heat treat was initiated and fully supported by our CEO Sean Byington. Read article
- Working Better Together for Success
ThermoFusion, powered by Bluestreak™, was honored by the Metal Treating Institute as the 2019 Commercial Heat Treater of the Year. And, there’s more! Glen Ottinger, CEO, ThermoFusion also received the prestigious Emerging Leader Award. Read more.
- Bluestreak’s MES/QMS software, Bright AM™, plays a part in the success of the GE9X fuel nozzle production.
While news about additive manufacturing’s contributions to the GE9X has been widely reported, GE Aviation has (until now) never identified the seven additively manufactured components in the engine. Read article
- GE Aviation to Ramp up AM Turbine Blade Production
“Having a robust and reliable additive technology infrastructure in place is a critical component of the GE9X program,” stated Eric Gatlin, General Manager, Additive Integrated Product Team, GE Aviation. Read article
- GE Additive to Assist General Dynamics Land Systems
“My team excels at getting organisations from prototype to production as efficiently as possible,” reported Chris Schuppe, General Manager at GE Additive AddWorks. “ Read article
- Select Powder and Coating Company Chosen as “Best Technology” Category in the 2018 Products Finishing Top Shops Benchmarking Survey
“We are currently in the process of attaining AAMA 2605 certification through multiple powder vendors with the goal of becoming a preferred supplier of coatings for the local architectural market,” Scego adds. “We have been using Bluestreak software for five years, and it has added tremendous value to our customer service and workflow organization.” Read full article…